Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Blogger Stylin' Home Tour: A Rustic, Natural, and Glimmering Christmas



Happy Tuesday!  There was a slight change in plans and I am sharing my Christmas home tour today rather than Thursday.   But I am ready and excited and be prepared because I have a lot to show you!  If you are hopping over from the last tour on the  house, Shabby Creek Cottage, welcome!

Let's head outside first....  This past weekend we were blessed with our first snow of the season, so I took the chance to capture it.

When you arrive at the top of our driveway, the vintage inspired snowman I created last year for "Snowmen on Main Street" in my town greets you. (I was allowed to keep him after he was displayed through the season last year).


Our porch always has this bench I painted as well as the window frame above.  I added a couple seasonal pillows, a twig wreath I painted white, a vintage sled, and some greenery to create an inviting welcome.

To the right of the front door sits a petite cabinet which usually stores garden goods.  I hung a rustic wooden star I purchased at Sweet Clover from Distinguished Cottage.  I also have a vintage crate and a gorgeous red plant my friend gave me.

Let's head inside!  When you walk in the front door, the living room is immediately to your left.  Jake welcomes you!

The living room is one of the coziest rooms in the house.  It's not a large space, but it's perfect for our family of four.

Last week I shared my mantle- you can read all about it here.


Over Chris' desk in the living room, I updated the chalkboard.  The vintage hummingbirds always hang there, and at Christmas time I love to pretend they are hanging the pom pom garland my best friend made.

On the corner of his desk is a vintage inspired snowman I purchased from an artist, a little tree snow globe that Emmy made for Daddy last year, and a jar of Chris' favorite candy.  I always keep this jar full for him this time of year.
 The tree is done this year in all reds, blues, and greens.  It features vintage ornaments, my great grandmother's red wooden beads, a white shiny star, and so many special ornaments as well.


This year, we lost our Charlie the day after Thanksgiving.  We cut down our tree just a couple days later, and I decorated it.  I placed this ornament near the top this year, and cried when I hung it.  I miss my boy so much, but I am so happy to have his memory live on, and have his presence with us at Christmas.

Like any good blogger, I have some vintage trucks with bottle brush trees on my coffee table.

Sawyer decided last year that he wants to collect nutcrackers, so we started his collection this year with this fellow also purchased at Sweet Clover. I found the vintage inspired candy canes at one of my favorite antique shops in Funkstown. (Yes, that is a real place!)

The bookcases in the living room are minimally decorated with seasonal artwork, antlers, and glittered pine cones, just like the mantle.

Emmy's countdown chain sits here as well, easy for her to reach.

Heading out of the living room, we head into the tiny foyer where my chalkboard wall lives.  I love to change this out seasonally.  Our elf on the shelf, Lolly, decorated our chalk tree one night and we woke to find ornaments on it!

In the entry sits a navy petite antique secretary, and it features some of my favorite thrifting finds.  I just love woodland animals- all of these have been thrifted, some updated with spray paint.

Immediately to the right of the entry hall is our dining room.  I showed it to you last week all decked out for Christmas dinner.

I also shared details of our flocked tree adorned with feathers, silver and gold here.
I used a thrifted Mexican blanket as a tree skirt.
My sideboard is decorated with natural greenery from our yard, yarn trees my mom made for me, a vase of curly willow branches adorned with silver and gold, vintage white flocked deer, and a vintage angel tree topper.  You may notice our elf, Lolly, happened to be here the day I shot this.  He was doing the splits, and showing off for the poor angel with immoveable parts.

Above our antique oak secretary which we use as a bar cabinet our antlers got decked out as well!  And I added a beautiful menorah picture Emmy brought home.  I love having the kids artwork on display in my home.  It makes me smile, and it makes them so proud.

The antlers are decorated with red vintage ornaments and a garland of red glittered vintage ornaments I made last year.

Here is what it looks like today, not set up for Christmas Dinner, since we aren't eating just yet.  Jake is asleep in the corner on his new plaid bed. (Pardon the unpainted ceiling.... getting there!)

And on the unseen wall of the dining room is my gallery wall of vintage nautical paintings...


The dining room opens directly into the kitchen.

My neighbor built this island for me and I LOVE it!

I decorated my vintage porcelain bull with a green wreath and created letters from wire and rosemary.  I got that idea here.


On the island sits my antique terrarium, surrounded by my painted and gilded antlers.  The terrarium formerly housed half dead succulents that needed to GO.  I filled it with "snow", white pine trees, and vintage brass deer to create a winter woods scene.


Also in the kitchen is our Advent Calendar.  This year my kids are taking turns doing an act of kindness each day, then writing it down, and clipping it on.

Finally, I am going to show you one more room today which will just about cover our downstairs.  The guest room always gets some holiday cheer, since we use it at this time of year when my family stays with us.

I took the idea for the lettering on the map from Kim at Newly Woodwards, but changed mine up since I had a map of the US.  Do you get it?  America... A-merry-ca!



Sawyer did this winter woods painting in kindergarten and I pull it out each year.

The dresser is also decked out.  I am not one for too many Santas hanging around anymore, but I love this vintage inspired Santa in a silver pine cone car!  I mean, come on, what's not to love about that!

On the left side sits some fresh greenery from the yard and some dried lavender in a vintage milk caddy my parents gave me.


Now be sure to head over to the next home on the tour, Desert Domicile!  You are going to just LOVE her home!

And here is the full list of  homes to check out this week...


Monday:


Roeshel - DIY Showoff 
Jess and Monica - East Coast Creative
Laura - Finding Home 
Jesse - Scout & Nimble
Sarah - Sarah M. Dorse
Angela - Number Fifty-Three 
Gwen - The Makerista 
Brittany - Brittany Makes 

Tuesday:

Ashley - The Handmade Home  
Anneke - This, That, & Life 
Caitlin - Desert Domicile 
Sarah - The Thriftress 
Carolyn - Sweet Chaos Home 
Shavonda - A Home Full of Color 


Wednesday:

Jamie - C.R.A.F.T. 
Lucy - Craftberry Bush 
Michelle - Decor and the Dog 
Whitney - The Curtis Casa 
Kristin - Bliss at Home 
Summer - Simple Stylings 
 Kelly - View Along the Way 


Thursday:

Jenna - SAS Interiors
Chris - Just a Girl 
Michelle - Iron and Twine 
Amanda - Our Humble Abode 
Julia - Cuckoo 4 Design 
Lindsay - Makely Home
Jennifer - Dimples and Tangles 

Friday:

Traci - Beneath My Heart 
Jennifer - The Chronicles of Home 
Kristin - Hunted Interior 
Eileen - A Creative Day 
Gabbi - Retro Ranch Reno 
Kristen - KFD Designs 
Jessica - Dear Emmeline  
Sarah - Royal Marigold 
Carmel - Our Fifth House 


Again, thank you so much to Lindsay for putting this all together and for including me!  I am honored to be part of such a talented group of ladies!
Photobucket
Sharing here:

Nesting Place, Evolution of Style

Jennifer Rizzo's holiday housewalk link party. Link up your home for a chance to be in next years house walk.
TIGfinal
treeparty2013

84 comments:

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

Looks beautiful and festive Cassie!

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

Cassie, everything looks amazing but that vintage nautical gallery stole my heart.
xoxo

Jenny said...

Everything looks beautiful Cassie! I love your dining room and your tree in there is perfect (love your vintage one just as much!). So festive and fun!

Julia Konya said...

So So Awesome, Cassie! Love every detail. Your kitchen and dining room is always my favorite. I think it's yours too ;)
Your unique and pretty home reflects you so much and that makes me love it even more ;)
Happy Holidays!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Love it all, Cassie! Your mantel is awesome. I have the same Christmas tree star, but I haven't gotten my real tree decorated yet… I'm a slow poke :)

Really enjoyed seeing your home decked out for the holidays!

Jenny said...

P.S. Your kitchen island is fantastic! How did I miss that? Love it!

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

It's just totally, utterly perfect. I lost track of all the things I wanted to tell you I loved, there was just so much goodness. So...all of it, all of it was Christmas perfection!

michelle@decorandthedog said...

It beautiful! All of it. I would to snuggle up on your couch with Jake RIGHT NOW! Is 6:40 am too early for that? ;)

I'm glad the guest room is ready for me!

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

I love, love the idea of the brass birds hanging the garland! Emmy and Sawyer are excellent artists. I see why their art is always prominent in your home! And Ben is also into nutcrackers this year. That's a cute trend among 7-8 year olds.

anu said...

Looks so nice Cassie! Love all the vintage touches. What an inviting home for Christmas!

Jesse @ Scout & Nimble said...

Oh Cassie..there are so many details that I absolutely LOVE in your house. It is so festive, unique and beautiful and it is totally where I would want to spend Christmas as a child! Wow!?! The charlie ornament melted my heart, and your Elf showing off his splits...hilarious. And your sweet chalkboard art. Seriously, your pictures filled me with warm fuzzies...playful and gorgeous and so obviously filled with love. Loved it. xoxo!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Your home is gorgeous! I love that your children's art and special decorations are front and center.

Lindsay said...

Oh Cassie, what an amazing job! Seriously, I love everything. And thank you for being flexible and switching it up. You, my friend, reek of coolness :)

Dear Emmeline said...

I could just hang out in your family room! So cozy and festive!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So warm and cozy Cassie! I especially love your kitchen and dining room - such a wonderful place to gather with family and friends!... Happy snow day!

Bliss said...

It's all beautiful Cassie. How is Jake doing without his sidekick?

Lets just build a house! said...

the entire house looks so festive and beautiful! I really love your style. so fun and different yet everything just works together!

Jane Gallant said...

Everything is so perfect yet relaxing and comfortable! I love the shape of your tree and how seriously sweet is your pup?

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Cassie, your house looks so pretty, fun, creative, festive, cozy and joyful!!!!!! I love your big window in the living room, and how you can see the fireplace from the foyer. Also your chalkboard wall in there is awesome!! Enjoy your beautiful Christmasy home!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

cassie, i always love snooping around your place! it looks great all decked out for christmas!

Dana Frieling said...

Details, details, details! I adore the fact that you have your great grandmother's red wooden beads on your tree. Priceless! And, you're quite the artist, my friend. The bunny under your chalkboard tree is precious.

Allison Shelton said...

Hey! Love your home. This is random, but I have the EXACT same little vintage tan "leather" ottoman. You can see it in my holiday tour! I picked up mine at a thrift store; where did you get yours?

www.cutekiduglyhouse.blogspot.com

Amber Wills said...

So beautiful! The dining room is my favorite. I'm loving the living room too. Real trees are so beautiful. That Charlie ornament is perfect! Beautiful and inspiring. Thank you Cassie!

Emily@TheWickerHouse said...

I love your style, It's really cool. Your home looks great! Your dining room is my fav. Happy Holidays!

pam {simple details} said...

Wow, girl ~ you are decked out!! Such great touches everywhere, but that dining room...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! Go enjoy your festive home!

Ali Richardson said...

Sooooo gorgeous friend. I love every bit of it!!! So cozy and beautiful. Love u!

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

Your home is so beautiful, Cassie! I love your Mexican blanket tree skirt (twinsies!) as well as your "AMERRYCA" map (too funny!) and all of the sentimental touches throughout. Amazing tour! :)

Sara Lorton said...

Everything looks great Cassie :) your tree is beautiful!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Absolutely beautiful and in my opinion everything that Christmas should be! I love all your special touches and how you've incorporated your children in making your house so special this Christmas! Love it!!

Restoration House Interiors said...

Cassie! You, my friend...have my decorating heart! Haha! Love your home and your Christmas style! Great job putting everything together and keeping it cozy! Hugs to you and have an amazing week! -Kennesha

Brynne Delerson said...

Your home is gorgeous! My two very favorite things: the chalkboard Christmas tree with ornaments and the little terrarium with the brass deer in the snow! Thanks for sharing your home with us Cassie :)

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

I sure do love your holiday style….and your everyday style…and you!! :) xo GREAT tour!

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

Your home looks gorgeous. Lots of personality! So sorry to hear about your dog. Love the ornament. It's our first Christmas without our dog and I've been looking for an ornament like yours in her memory. Have a Merry Christmas!

Shavonda said...

OK that's it, Im moving in RIGHT NOW!! You just always do it right girl. I love all the wonderful details.

Rita said...

as usual...a beautiful Welcomeing home!! and just so you know, I'm on lunch at the office and I shared your home with some friends here. They loved it and freaked out when I said we are friends! haha, I'm like "we're tight like that!"
(haha!)

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

This is gorgeous!! Sharing on my FB page today ;)
Hugs,
Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

Your house is so creative and beautiful...totally makes me want to come hang out for the holidays! ;)

17 Perth said...

Wow Cassie. Truly---it is so festive and gorgeous!!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Looks so nice!

Gwen, The Makerista said...

So many beautiful touches, Cassie!

Unknown said...

Cassie! You are stylin! I am obsessed with all of the chairs in your home- the Thonets and also those great bar stools with your new island. Thanks so much for posting all these photos- your home looks so fun, unique and creative! Happy Holidays!

Gwen said...

I think I'm in love with your chalkboard wall... It's deep and wide.

And that picture of Jake is incredible. I'll have to see if I can get HotShot to stand still like that for me! haha. ha.

Love every nick and cranny. It's gorgeous!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Beautiful Cassie! Love all your little woodland creatures - but be careful because I think I spotted a bow and arrow in Lolly's hands!
Kelly

Danielle said...

Loving it all. Every room looks full of Christmas cheer. x

Twice Nice said...

Love your home! It is truly a warm and inviting looking place!

Run To Radiance said...

Oh my gosh I need your sled, and your dog, and your living room carpet, and your map, and all your paintings, and your light fixtures....!! Love love love. So lovely.

Renee said...

Looks awesome Cassie. Love Sawyer's painting…so sweet!
I got the "A Merry Ca" right away! (I'm so smart.) I put a major dent in decorating today …the kids were out of school because of snow, so I couldn't work anyway (that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now!). I did the same things for our advent calendar (except that I didn't make the little flags). My kids love the idea of doing these random acts of kindness.

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Cassie!!! I am in love with your dining room!!!!! Everything look so great! xo Kristin

sarah m. dorsey said...

Love everything! a merry ca might be my favorite!! :)

Sarah {Lacquer and Linen} said...

Your front porch is so awesome! I need a little sled like that. Although is it weird if we never get snow? Your dining room looks like a magazine. Never cease to amaze me Cassie!

Allison said...

It looks beautiful Cassie, Fun, festive and cozy!

Angela Santaniello said...

I obviously love every little bit of it, especially the dining room and your blue secretary!!!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is just lovely, all around. Your home is always so cozy and warm, but especially at Christmas. I love the small touches - the Rudolph nose/ornament on the antlers, the AMERRYCA sign … you are just awesome.

Down to Earth Style said...

I enjoyed your tour so much! I don't think I have ever seen the view of your dining room to the kitchen. I love the style of your kitchen. The island and shelving. Looks so awesome!!!! Great house! Oh, and Christmas decor, too. :)

Andrea said...

I love everything about your house. Your Christmas decor is so fun and so you! Your trees are gorgeous.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I love it Cassie! It looks great!!!!

Bethany DeVore said...

So many beautiful details Cassie! Your dining room is my favorite!

Lisa Rozario said...

Yours is truly a HOME with all of the personal, meaningful touches, Cassie. The handmade items and even your great-grandmother's red beads are precious! Love the view of the kitchen through that amazing dining room. Thx for sharing so much!

Jenna LaFevor said...

Gorgeous! I love your chalkboard wall!

Storywood Designs said...

It's beautiful and so unique and "you", Cassie! I love it!

Gretchen said...

Just lovely! The woodland creatures in the foyer are my very favorite I think :)

Oxido said...

OhMyGoodness, Cassie! Could I just live at your house for the holidays? Gorg!!

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

Your Christmas porch is my very very favorite! But I also LOVVVE that mexican blanket tree skirt :)

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You've done an outstanding job my friend.

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

WOW your home is so lovely. I am particularly noticing how fresh and innovative your Christmas decor is. I love the FA LA on the wall and the red ball rudolf nose on the taxidermi. And don't even get me started on that A/ merry / ca hahaha Love it!!!!

Anneke McConnell said...

SO many fun touches everyone Cassie ~ you know I love it! That picture of your sweet Jake is just precious! :-D

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Cassie, Sorry I'm late to the party! I will forever love your Christmas dining room! And, your tree is just perfect. It's been years and years since we've had a real tree but I love the look of them so much! You always have just the right touch of accessories and great mix of vintage and quirk!

Simone Meyer said...

Hi Cassie, very beautiful and festive. Love your chalkboard wall. Happy Holidays!

Nancy {at} powellbrower at home said...

Great job Cassie. I love your kitchen area! and all your trees and Christmas décor. Looks like youre all ready! Have a wonderful holiday. xo Nancy

Summer Hogan said...

Love your festive chalkboard wall and aqua door ~ right up my alley! And your dining table is gorgeous!

Becky Caudill said...

I love your chalkboard wall, and the dark and dramatic colors in the rest of your house. So warm and perfect for winter!

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

Your whole space if beautiful and I love your dining room! It is gorgeous!

Honeybee said...

Hi Cassie, I just stumbled onto your blog & it is so cute. All your decor for the Holidays is so charming. Love your turqoise terrarium & the A-merry-Ca, so clever. Darling! I'll have to stop by again soon.

BlueClearSky Elizabeth said...

Your home is lovely, Cassie, and so pretty for Christmas. The island and cool barstools are really nice. The dark walls and chalkboard wall are lovely and dramatic.

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

WOW Cassie! it's gorgeous, I love how you have decorated your beautiful home :-) everything is so pretty and it feels so warm there! it feels like home :-)

Clotee S said...

You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee

Kelly Ann said...

So lovely! My favorite is the chalkboard wall. What a nice elf to decorate the tree! ;)

Jocie@TheBetterHalf said...

so so pretty cassie, especially love your porch!! xoxo

The Baby Giraffe said...

I dont even know where to start with this house. It is so amazing. You did a beautiful job. I could write a novel about it.

Heather Paulding said...

So many beautiful, rustic things to behold. I love snowmen! xo, Heather P:)Merry Christmas!!!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Such a beautiful home that I had to go through your post twice to soak everything in. Your decorated dining room table is fabulous! Happy holidays!

Robert Gomez said...

I hope you are able to share some of the "amazing inventions" in future logs. Click here to learn more!!

bumbu pecel bali said...

this is good post.
and you can go here

http://bantalsilikon01.blogspot.com
http://kursusinternetmarketingmurah.blogspot.com
http://bumbupecelbali.blogspot.com


tanks very much.... :)