Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Home Tour Part Two!

Happy Thursday!  Today I am participating in a Christmas home tour put together by Like A Saturday.
If you are popping over from Life.Love.Laresen, welcome!

One week ago, I shared our main living spaces and the front porch.  In case you missed it, you can check it out here, and here is a little preview of what you missed there...


And one more...
Now let's check out the rest!

Last week I showed you the front porch, but we most typically use the side porch as our entry.  It is spruced up with some fresh greens, a grapevine wreath snowman, Sawyer's old scooter with a vintage bucket and fake little tree.  (And the snow boots are out because we've had to use them a few times already!



We also have a table and chairs on our porch but with the weather lately have not used it.  I threw a vintage plaid wool blanket on it to add some color and coziness.  I also threw tree trimmings on the sideboard on the porch just to bring in some fresh greenery.

Inside, we have seen the major living areas already, but I also believe in adding a touch to the kids spaces and our bedroom.
Let's take a peek at Emmy's room....
Yesterday, on a total whim after seeing this idea from City Farmhouse, I created a faux hide out of some pale pink fake fur a friend had given me a while ago.  I think it cozies up the space and is fun and feminine!

I threw it over her vintage rag rug.

I already had photographed her room for this tour, so pardon the following photo as the rug is not in it! ;)  But I wanted you to see her room with her lights over her bed on.  We actually keep these up year round because they are so fun and she uses them as a nightlight.  We turn them off when we go to bed each night.

On top of her dresser, she has a sparkly pink tinsel tree we bought on clearance last year.

 Yesterday I shared how I decorated it with a pom pom garland...

The first day I was photographing her room, Lolly, our elf, had been having coffee with Grandma in the dollhouse.


And for good measure, one more magical shot of the pretty crystal lights from Ikea all lit up...

Sawyer's room also got a little festive with some lights and a red tinsel tree we purchased at the same time as Emmy's.  His lights also stay up year round.  My kids love their fun lights!
We have them draped over the bed he sleeps in...
And I am going to apologize now for this photo which is not that great... I apparently took only one shot when I took these and felt it would do????  Not sure what I was smoking.

The tree in his room sits on his desk in his dormer nook.  He wanted bells on his tree as well, so I just tied some bakers twine to some bells and hung them like ornaments.  I used green scrapbook paper and bakers twine to make him a little bunting for his tree as well.



In the master bedroom, just a couple simple touches do it.  I always have my Swedish Dala horse on my dresser, but I added a vintage Swedish angel chimes.  It needs skinny candles to function properly, but I am OK with it just as is.

I also added a gorgeous yarn tassel garland my best friend made for me to the map on our bedroom wall.
 Above the bed, I added this antler wreath I created last month, and I think it suits the holiday...

Finally, one more space to check out- the guest bath received just a splash of festivity from some handmade items from my sweet Emmy.  A couple weeks ago, I threaded a needle and taught her how to string pom poms.  She was very proud of herself when she presented me with a very colorful garland that was perfect for the bathroom mirror!  I also have a framed picture of Rudolph she created last year in art sitting on the shelf.  It works perfectly with her garland!



Well, that's it for my home- I think we have it all covered now!  I hope you enjoyed!  Be sure to check in tomorrow at Life on Virginia Street to see her home all decked out!



Have a wonderful Thursday!  I am off to volunteer at school for my last time in 2013!
Photobucket
Sharing at Evolution of Style

44 comments:

Andrea said...

The kids' rooms look adorable. I love their trees and the lights make it so festive. Emmy is quite the crafter. Wonder where she gets that?

Cathy Wall said...

Love the festive touches to the kid's rooms! When mine were little I put a small tree in their rooms and they loved it! Also love the blanket on the porch table, nice touch!

Julia Konya said...

Love it all! The kids rooms are adorable. Love the faux hide. So cute!

Bethany DeVore said...

Love it Cassie! Emmie's room is so adorable! That hide you made looks perfect in there!

Dana Frieling said...

Love the shot of your bedroom and Emmy's reindeer. She definitely has her momma's love for glitter!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Emmy's room is magical! Will you adopt me? xo Kristin

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Love it! My younger boys put a little tree in their bedroom for the first time this year, and are having so much fun decorating it. Your Emmy's room is a dream!!

michelle@decorandthedog said...

I have one question. Do you sleep? I need to know how you had time to do all of this!

Natalie said...

Cassie, I just love it!! I want to move in! or you can hop up to PA someday and redo my entire house! Yes, let's plan that! :)

Rachel H said...

How fun to have little touches of Christmas in the kiddos' rooms! And I'm pretty much obsessed with your bedroom. So pretty! Thank you so much for joining the tour!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Perfection. I love the little touches everywhere!

Amber Wills said...

I bet the kid's love having a tree in their room! So fun. Lolly and her tea parties! That elf!!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

love it cassie. you have one artistically talented daughter, love that she got into it and made a garland herself!

17 Perth said...

So many wonderful little details!! Love it Cassie! Emmy's room is just adorable! Love her picture of rudolph too!

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

I have got to decorate the kids' rooms next year. So cute!

Sandra Cuellar said...

Beautiful home, thank you for sharing.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You always have so many creative ways to decorate, I love it all, especially Emmy's pom pom garland!! Girl's got her mama's crafty talents!! Enjoy your holiday house!

House Envy said...

Your home looks so festive and cozy! Well done.

Carmel - Our Fifth House said...

Love all the festive touches! The grapevine snowman is my favorite!!

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

Beautiful! I love all your personal and creative touches - from the poms poms to the bells to the feathers. A cheerful, festive and fabulous home for this holiday season!!
Merry Christmas, Cassie.
xo
Loi

Angela Santaniello said...

LOVE all your holiday touches to your home! And Emmy's room....seriously. Can I have it for myself???

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I think what I like most about your home is you stay current but you have a style that is completely your own! The kids rooms are fantastic!!!

Laura @ Top This Top That said...

Cassie- every little festive touch is totally you ...from your heart. Love it all. Merry Christmas to you and you sweet family.

Renee said...

Looks awesome…as usual! It's great that you decorate the kid's rooms, too. We used to…still have lights in my youngest son's room.

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

So great! That photo of the drapes, tree and bunting is just amazing!!

Lisa Rozario said...

I love the lights in the kids' rooms and that you have them on year round and that rag rug is beautiful! I see that THE elf is in town :)

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

Your home just makes me happy to look at. I love all your vignettes. Everything is so well put together. I love your Angle chime thing. I just bought those skinny candles. I wish I could bring you some :)

Alexis Middleton said...

I am crazy about that pink and green tree in your daughter's room. And love the garland on your mantel too. So many great details!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Cassie, Emmy and Sawyer's rooms are fabulous! Each one is so perfect for each of them.
Emmy certainly is taking after her Mom! The pom poms she made for the guest bath are perfect! And her drawing.....amazing!
The tinsel trees, the lights all awesome!
The pink rug.....it makes the room!!!
Now, relax and enjoy the rest of the time before Santa comes.

Gretchen said...

Love the kids' trees! I always love the idea of trees in kid rooms, but then I get overwhelmed when I contemplate actually doing it....but maybe next year!

The Bold Abode said...

Emmy's rug is amazing! I think I might need a faux pink fur rug!!!

Kylie Helm said...

Your home is magical! I want to move in!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I always love seeing Emmy and Sawyer's rooms - exactly what every kid would love - magical!

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

hi Cassie - i love that you have two trees. (and real ones at that, i'm allergic to the smell as they die so have to have a fake one)
thanks for the tour of the house, all so lovely
Fiona xx

Anneke McConnell said...

You must be so happy with this place since moving ~ it's so fun to see you add your special touch to it! xoxo

Andrea {lifelovelarson} said...

I die over Emmy's room! Your home looks so festive and cozy- love it!

Sarah S said...

You have such a beautiful home! I am loving your dining room and that antler wreath. Swoon!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

Beautiful Christmas Home, Cassie!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Dear Emmeline said...

How fun that each of the kids get their own little tree! I was thinking about it this year. Maybe next year!! ;)

Krista thehappyhousie said...

Gorgeous Cassie - so any details I love. So glad to have found your blog through being on this tour with you - can't wait to explore it some more!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

SUch a fabulous home tour!! Thanks for sharing.
XO
Kristin

Stacey said...

I see you're not afraid of colour! Love it all; so fun and festive!

Brandi said...

Your children's rooms are so fun. I bet they love having such creative spaces. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love that you decorate the kids rooms and the bathroom. You are the queen of festivity.