Friday, December 20, 2013

Dare to Deck the Halls Features

It's Friday!  WOOHOO!  Today the kids get out of school 2 hours early and Christmas break commences!  Chris works retail, so he will be working all weekend.... but the kids and I have plans to make cookies for Santa and the reindeer, make these little elves, and listen to our neighbors sing at their church service.  We are going to have ourselves a festive time!

This week was the last week for Dare to DIY.  I had a blast hosting with Kim, Michelle, and Rachel.  Today we are each sharing our favorites from this week's Dare to Deck the Halls!

My picks are both unique and kid-friendly advent calendars.

First up, there is this rockin' dinosaur advent calendar from Boxy Colonial.  Sawyer was big into dinosaurs when he was 3 and would have ADORED this.  Heck, I think he still would love it.  I am 35 and I love it!
dinosaur-advent2
And secondly, I adore this paper tree advent calendar from Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe.  I love that the kids were involved in creating it as well as enjoying it!



Before I sign off, I also wanted to thank Suzy of Worthing Court for allowing me to share a favorite photo from my Christmas house in her house snoopers Christmas edition today!  Head on over to check it out!

I hope all of your holiday rushing and shopping is done as it is here so that you may relax and enjoy the glory of this magical season!  Wishing you a very happy weekend!
Photobucket

15 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I loved this series, so much creativity!!! Thank you for sharing all your awesome ideas this month, your blog is always so much fun to visit, Cassie!!

Julia Konya said...

I love love love Gretchen's dinosaurs. So fun!
Have a great weekend!

Lisa Rozario said...

The advent trees are so very pretty! Heading over to Worthing Court. My kids finish school in a couple of hours. Hopefully I can get them to make dinner tonight :)

Gretchen said...

Thanks so much for the feature, Cassie! I love the tree advent calendar, too....I missed that before; off to check it out now. Thanks for hosting--it's been fun!

Dana Frieling said...

So much creativity to be soaked up! Sounds like you and the kiddos have some great plans...enjoy!

Good Time Charlie said...

I am overwhelmed at how much creativity is around the blogosphere, it seems like more than ever this year! Have yourself a very festive holiday! Just when I think I have od'd on sugar, I go in for more! Oh well, may as well give into it and hit the gym a bit more!

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

The dinos are SO fun!!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Cute! Have a wonderful weekend! Let's get our holiday on!!! xo Kristin

Vintage Prairie Style said...

love the dino advent! there is a certain 3 year old lad that i know who would go CRAZY over that!

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

This is just the funnest link party in town! Thanks for hosting!!!

michelle@decorandthedog said...

Happy cookie making! I'm sad the Dare to DIY has come to a close. It's like taking down the tree. Sad.

Stacey said...

We had two hour early release today too. A peek of my advent calendar is on my blog. I love the ones you shared too.

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

Love both of these advent calendars. The dino one is definitely original - love how it is grown up AND kid friendly.

Amber Wills said...

Great features! Must make an advent calendar next year!

Bethany DeVore said...

my nephew would love those dinos, so fun!