Friday, December 13, 2013

Dare to DIY Give Handmade Features and Sneak Peek

Happy Friday!  We had a short week here due to starting it off with two snow days in a row, but I am excited for the weekend nevertheless!  Tonight I am taking the kids to movie night at the school, and tomorrow we have a sitter and are headed to an adult wine tasting party- my kind of party. :)  Sunday I have some cookie making planned, with some taste testing, of course, too.  I can't give out cookies that don't taste good, so I will check them out.... just for the people I care about.

Anyhow, let's check out my favorites from Dare to DIY Give Handmade!

How AMAZING are these rustic nail and string state ornaments from Done is Better Than Perfect?  Yes, they are THAT amazing.


Secondly, I adore this painted barnwood plank from Planting Sequoias.  And better yet, it came from a craft party!  I want to go!
DSC_0392

Next week is the last week for Dare to DIY and it is time to DECK THE HALLS!  Come back and share your DIY decorating project!

Here is a sneak peek of what I created....

Hope you all have a wonderful and festive weekend!  Cheers!
Photobucket

25 comments:

Julia Konya said...

I love those map string ornaments.
And I think the reason why I hate baking cookies is because I eat too much dough during and then I get all sick ;)
Have fun and a great weekend.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Both of these are really cool I don't know where everyone finds the time for everything this month seems to be flying by so fast!!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Those string ornaments are crazy good! And the barn wood plank is beautiful! ... Happy weekend!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Love those barnwood ornaments! Have a wonderful weekend Cassie. We are supposed to get another dumping of snow today too :) I'm not going to lie...I love it...just wish it was warm enough to have the kids play in it. teens and below are not good for snow play ;( xo Kristin

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great DIY ideas that look "doable"!!!
After all you do during the week, the Wine Tasting is the best way to end the week.....

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

Those ornaments are amazing! LOVE them!! We are supposed to get some snow this weekend...I'm looking forward to watching it come down and snuggling up with a Christmas movie or two! ;) Have a great weekend! :)

Dana Frieling said...

You are such a thoughtful friend with your cookie testing self! Happy weekend, Cassie.

Gretchen said...

ooh, look at those state ornaments! amazing!

Dear Emmeline said...

love those features! are the pom poms going in Emmy's room!? They llok like they'd be the perfect colors!

Krista @ Goodwill Glam said...

LOVE DIY gifts! These are so great!

Merry Christmas!
Krista
www.goodwillglam.com

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

Rad-action features!

Jane Craske said...

Oh my goodness! Those nail art cuties are just awesome.

Rita said...

I did love those state/ nail gifts only I'm geographically challenged so it took me a while to figure them out :)

Allison said...

Those ornaments are fun and so creative! I love the peek of what you're up to Cassie. Pom poms and colorful is right up my alley this year. Enjoy your weekend!

Bethany DeVore said...

such great ideas! Those little states made with string art are so cute!

sarah m. dorsey said...

Love the pom poms! Happy weekend!!

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

This was another week of the fabulous Dare to DIY. I just love this link party. Thanks again for doing it this year.

Love your pom poms. Can't wait to see the rest.

Gwen said...

I love, love, love that barnwood plank! How coolio!

And those pom, poms are awesome, baby!

Down to Earth Style said...

Cassie...your Christmas card design is soooo cute! I like the colors you all wore. I was going to give DIY gifts this year but I have run out of time...shoot!

Amber Wills said...

That string art is amazing!!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

can't wait to see the full pom-pom reveal...

17 Perth said...

Cannot get over those states or the painted wood! Both are awesome!
Can't wait to see what you created!

Ali Richardson said...

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see your awesome you-know-what on the blog!

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

oh! love those map string ornaments too! :-) hope you had a beautiful weekend! we had tons of snow here since this morning (I love it, it feels like Christmas) ;-)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Those string ornaments are officially on my list.

Love your picks! (And I'm sorry I'm so behind on commenting. Sigh.)