Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Jingle Mingle: Jingle Bell and Pom Pom Garland

Happy Wednesday!  Today I am participating in the Jingle Mingle along with Julia from Cuckoo 4 DesignKatja from Shift Ctrl ArtAnu from Nalle's HouseGabbi from Retro Ranch RenovationBethany from Dwellings by DevoreKristin from Bliss at Home.  Each of us is sharing a holiday craft featuring, you guessed it, jingle bells!

My kids just love jingle bells so I thought it would be a great chance to bring some fun to the pink tinsel tree in Emmy's room!

I decided to create a garland using pom poms and bells.  I asked Emmy what color pom poms she wanted and she chose green.

I started out by cutting a long strand of yarn about 8 or 9 feet long, and I threaded one end through a plastic yarn needle.  I created 7 uniform sized green pom poms.  I gathered up 6 jingle bells.  I lead the needle with yarn through the center of one pom pom, then through the loop of a bell, continuing along alternating pom pom and bell.  I then spaced them evenly along my garland/strand of yard, and created hang loops on either end.  Finally, I strung the garland on Emmy's tree.  Here is is on her pink sparkly tree!




I love it!  It's so fun and whimsical!  And you know what?  Emmy's forest friends agree.  See?

Come back tomorrow to see the rest of her room and Sawyer's ready for Christmas!

And be sure to check out all of these ladies and their jingle bell crafts!
Julia from Cuckoo 4 DesignKatja from Shift Ctrl ArtAnu from Nalle's HouseGabbi from Retro Ranch RenovationBethany from Dwellings by DevoreKristin from Bliss at Home

Photobucket

36 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Hello Cassie,
Such a fun look you have here...great colors too!! Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
Linda

Julia Konya said...

So darn cute. Love the tree too!
Can't wait to see the rest of the room.

Rhonda @ home.made. said...

So cute - the little woodland animals look so happy under that garland!

Lisa Rozario said...

I love to mix the occasional whimsical item with the traditional or the expected. This is adorable, Cassie!

anu said...

Very cute! Love the green with the pink tree and the jingle bells are so fun for Christmas.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Totally adorable Cassie!

Dana Frieling said...

So fun that your kids' rooms get decorated too. My poor kids don't even know that's a possibility!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

so sweet on her tree Cassie :) I love your quirky awesome vintage modern tons of fun style!! xo Kristin

michelle@decorandthedog said...

Adorable. Just like your face.

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

Cassie, this is just adorable. I love the pom poms with those jingle bells. So pretty!!!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Oh that is perfect! Love it!Pom poms and bells...
It fits Emmy to a "T"!

Andrea said...

So clever and cute! I need to get in gear and start making some pom poms.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I don't know why I've never used bells to decorate for Christmas! I love your tree! I may have to steal this idea and use it on my daughter's tree! So cute!

Dear Emmeline said...

SOOO Emmy DID get some pompoms. lol. Just not the mutli colored ones. :) These look super cute too!

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

Love the color combo and the simple garland on the skinny tree...it looks so pretty and modern! Great job! :)

Good Time Charlie said...

Love it! So cute, cute, cute! I need some Pom poms around here.

Run To Radiance said...

I just made a pom pom garland the other day! It was so fun to make and not as hard as I thought it would be. I love the little woodland animals.

Danielle said...

So cute! x

Vintage Prairie Style said...

so, so cute!

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

So cute and so fun!

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

That's the cutest little garland around!

Shavonda said...

Have I mentioned yet today how much I heart you!? And I heart this garland. It's so freakin awesome.

Anneke McConnell said...

That little pink tree is so adorable ~ I don't dare show my kids or I'd be busted for lack of brilliance. Lol! ;-)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

La la la love this pink tree. Perfect for your beautiful little girl. And oh so festive.

Gretchen said...

I'm with the forest friends: what a great tree!!

Bethany DeVore said...

how fun, love the little forest friends too!

Ali Richardson said...

SO cute! Pom poms make everything Merry!

Sara Lorton said...

Super cute! I love the pom-poms, always a favorite :)

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

So darling! Love the green paired with the gold and pink. That may become my new color scheme next year ;)

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

very sweet. I love Emmy's animals. so vintage

Miss Charming said...

This is so adorable, Cassie! You can never go wrong with pom-poms.

The Bold Abode said...

So sweet! I almost bought some yarn yesterday to make some pom-poms, but I'm up to my ears in Christmas crafts that I haven't done! So, maybe I'll need some Valentine Pom-Poms...

17 Perth said...

I love this! So cute!! Will be back tomorrow to see more!

Kim said...

I love seeing all of the non-traditional colors for Christmas! The pink tree is so sweet!
Merry Christmas Cassie!
xoxo,
Kim

sarah m. dorsey said...

So cute! Love all of your recent holiday decor!! :)

Amber Wills said...

Love the garland! Perfect for Emmy's tree!