Friday, February 14, 2014

Chic Gray and Gold Living Room

Before we get into today's post.... I have a letter I need to write, even if it is Valentine's Day.

Dear Jack,
     Back in October you told me you could make all my winter wishes come true.  You were full of such passion and life, and I believed you.  In December we happily frolicked in the first snowfall, and enjoyed the twinkling Christmas lights as they sparkled against a fresh white blanket.  We had some really good times.  But things have changed.....
    You once were so sweet and fun, but your dark and somber moods have taken over.  You've caused some major black outs in my life, leaving me cold and shivering.... and a little lost.
    I think it's time we call this to an end, Jack Frost, and simply remember the good times we had.  Although I am over you for now, you will always hold a special place in my heart.  And I am sure that by the time next November arrives, I will relish the thought of you coming back to me.
    Until then,
    Cassie

OK, now that I have gotten that off my chest, I feel like I can move on.  What a day yesterday was.... what a storm!  We were buried in about 20 inches plus of snow, with more coming tonight!  We lost power from 8:30-4:30, so I spent much of the day by a fire reading Reconstructing Amelia (which I highly recommend!).  The kids had a blast playing in the snow, and we were all relieved that our power returned in time for dinner and bedtime!  Chris and I actually have reservations and a sitter for a Valentine's date tonight, but are playing it by ear.... Fingers crossed that we are able to go!

Anyhow, I've been sharing pieces of my friend Angelique's home all week long.  So far we've seen her wallpapered dining room, and her kitchen and family room.  Today I am going to share the rest of the main level of the home, including her living room, office, powder room, and more.

Angelique recently painted the living room charcoal gray... When she asked for my opinion on the matter, of course I said I loved it!  That color always rocks my world.  She had just added some amazing gold diagonal stripes based on an inspirational photo I had sent her, so had to paint around those, which was a challenge..... BUT totally worth it.  See for yourself!

Here is the view as you look in the doorway of the dining room.


I am completely in love with this coffee table.  If it goes missing, Angelique, you won't find it here.

And here is a glimpse of those stripes... Shazam!

Another gallery wall of family photos adorns the staircase wall.

This is also where the official main entry of the house sits.  How stunning is that mirror?

I think you know how I feel about the deer.

If you said "Cassie and her freaking weird deer fetish", you guessed right!  I love him.

This vignette adorns the entry table.  Stay Awesome.

There is just so much I love about this room... I kept taking pictures here.  Faux bois. Deer.  This table.


And once again, Angelique wows with her lighting.  This fixture really shines against those dark walls.

As you head up the staircase, the landing features a chalkboard wall, perfect for sweet messages.



The house actually features two staircases which lead upstairs.  This staircase is just off the kitchen.

Directly across from it is the downstairs powder room, which is decked out in an awesome Parisian inspired wallpaper.  And how fabulous is that mirror?

A picture ledge in the powder room is perfect for sowing off more of her vintage art collection, and a little Toby mug succulent I gave her for Christmas.

A small office also sits off the kitchen, and is painted a soft feminine pink.

It contains some of my favorite things as well, like deer....

 ... and amazing vintage art.


Come back next week to see all of the bedrooms in this gorgeous home!  Until then, Have a great weekend, and a Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Photobucket

45 comments:

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

I haven't commented yet but I LOVE IT ALL!

Storywood Designs said...

Just catching up on all my blog reading this week. WOW! Gorgeous home!!

Julia Konya said...

So so gorgeous and different! Love it!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

I love that she took an older more tradtional home and injected some youth and fun into it. I love her style. Glad you and Jack broke up for now...that was becoming a toxic relationship. Have fun celebrating the day of lurve! xo Kristin

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Angelique's home filled with one sweet surprise after another! ... Happy digging out! So long Jack!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What fun ideas she has incorporated in her home. I love her living room. :) Good luck digging out...I'm hoping to go into work at some point today. Here is hoping we can get out soon.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What fun ideas she has incorporated in her home. I love her living room. :) Good luck digging out...I'm hoping to go into work at some point today. Here is hoping we can get out soon.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What fun ideas she has incorporated in her home. I love her living room. :) Good luck digging out...I'm hoping to go into work at some point today. Here is hoping we can get out soon.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

What a fabulous home. I love it. Hugs, Marty

Meg@OliverandRust said...

WOW

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That house is awesome, top to bottom!!! Thanks so much for letting us sneak a peek!

Laura @ Top This Top That said...

What a fabulous house. I have enjoyed touring it this week. I have picked up an idea...or two. Stay warm and safe.

Angela Santaniello said...

Her house is so super inspiring! Love that accent wall in the living room/stairway!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Cathy Wall said...

Dang that Jack F. he has really worked a number on your area! Loving your pal Angelique's home, everything! I see why the two of you get along so well!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I love it! Great contrast and oh how I adore gold accents! Your are right, that coffee table is to die for!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Unique and full of personality!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

*Sigh* I've seen 1 other coffee table like that from another blogger, and have wanted one ever since. Maybe someday thrifting and Craigslist will come through and I'll find one! Simply beautiful home, thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

Oh my goodness that coffee table had me at hello. I love it.

Those gold stripes on the wall are awesome and I love how it was paired with black and white photography up the stairs. Awesome.

Twice Nice said...

This home hasn't missed a single detail! Stunning, thanks for bringing it to us!

pam {simple details} said...

Whoa, that girl knows how to mix her stuff!! LOVE her awesome one-of-a-kind home!

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

I feel you, sister. Never have I ever been so ready for spring!

Beeeeeautiful tour!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Dear Cassie with your freaking weird deer fetish, I love you! You make me laugh!! Also can you send me Angelique's home address so I can show up at her door and ask to move in? Because those stairs that say "Count Your Blessings" have me curled up in the fetal position bawling my eyes out that I don't live there. Oh and that fabulous crytally light in the living room, and the chalkboard wall, and the little pops of color, and the Stay Awesome. Those are my favorites. And the coffee table. And…..the family pictures. Those….and the color scheme. Just those. Nothing else. Oh maybe also the Love pillow in the office :) :) Happy V day to you and your sweethearts. Thanks for sharing all this goodness this week - it's been so fun over here!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

*crytally= crystally

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

Love love love love LOVE! guess it's the operative word of the day ;) So many beautiful elements, and I love how it is all paired together. Amazing. Hard to even pick one favorite because it is all gorgeous. Thanks for the tour. Hope spring comes your way soon! xoxo

Gretchen said...

I was crushing hard on the coffee table, and then I got to the wallpaper....LOVE!

Nine Red said...

I can't wait to find out how you did that wall! I love the diagonal stripes :D

Lets just build a house! said...

i want to live here!

Haley said...

I LOVE those gold stripes!!!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Love love love the grays and golds!
xo Heidi

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

First of all, Jack can suck it.

And I LOOOOOVE those stiars. And that feature wall. So unique.

Svietka Riv said...

OMG-im a designer in Isr and yesterday went shopping for coffee table (and side table) with client and GOT THIS coffee table u r in love with:):) the slight difference is the glass on top-ours is oval but not a tray and i m spray painting it silver and red...might share pics with u if u r interested:):)

Good Time Charlie said...

I am so sorry Jack is being such a jerk. I hope the power stays on permanently now and he is finished with his rants.
I love those gold stripes! What a neat house, and I want that Coffee Table, like now. It would look so good in my front room and I really need a Coffee Table!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm sick of Jack too just to much.
Love the coffee table too and those gold stripes!
I've been reading all of your Electic posts...so many talented women.

Uhu work said...

Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
HotProClicks.com

Uhu work said...

Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
HotProClicks.com

Keya Davis said...

yep, just as I thought, love this room too.

Amber Wills said...

You called it. I love her house!!

Kelly said...

DANGIT. I can't handle her house. I love every photo. That chandelier? The coffee table? I need all of it.

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

How beautiful! I LOVE the mirror!

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

How beautiful! I LOVE the mirror!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Your friend's home is stunning! So much warmth and character! I am also obsessed with deer, so you're not alone. :)

17 Perth said...

Love love love it all. The dark walls are just gorgeous. And the numbered steps..so cute.

Your letter to jack...hilarious.

And I hope you guys were able to get out to dinner for valentine's day! Either way...hope you had a great night and great weekend. xo

paula said...

How stunning is this home!!!!

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

Just stunning! Those gold stripes and gallery wall...oh my!! :)

Uhu work said...

Make Money Online Without any work, You can Invest as low as 1$ Dollar to 100$ Dollars and Get Daily profit of 2.50% for 90 Days.
Minimum Withdraw 1 and Instant Payout with PayPal, EgoPay and Perfect Money
Join Now
http://www.hotfxearnings.com/