Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Who Likes Shiny Objects As Much As I Do?

Last week I shared with you the progress in the living room, which involved lots of brass and a shiny hide rug.  Over the last few years my style has changed often, but one thing that has remained the same is my love for all that glitters.  You all know I love a good woodland animal, too, so I thought I'd share some fun finds from around the web that feature a woodland animal that loves shiny objects just as much as I do.... The raccoon!  Oh, and fun fact.... I LOVED raccoons as a kid.  I painted one at the "plaster funhouse" and my parents had it on their hearth for years!  I also will never forget some people coming to one of my brother's baseball games with their adorable pet baby raccoon.  I begged my parents for my own after that.... it was so soft and cuddly, never mind its sharp teeth!  And when I later learned that they were a part of the panda family, well I loved them even more.

I would absolutely 100% wear this amazing after hours tee... LOVE it.   And if Hilary Duff can pull it off, so can I.


Hilary Duff's A Fine Line 'After Hours' Sweatshirt


Love this art from furbish which has a great tribal feel.  It would look perfect in my home!
Image 1
I know one little girl who would adore this fancy pants raccoon purse...
Gem Raccoon Purse

I need this pillow, even if it is dubbed a boys pillow from Land of Nod.  I think they may have meant "boys or crazy critter loving women".

  




Emmy needed a new hamper and I was hoping this raccoon storage bin would work, but I realized it had no handles, which is the only thing that held me back.  But if I were to decorate a nursery this would be perfect to store baby blankets or stuffed animals!

Product Image



So what do you think.... are you ready to let a little raccoon love into your heart?

Photobucket



25 comments:

Julia Konya said...

Of course I do. I got my little raccoon plates in the kitchen and my favorite commercial is the glasses commercial where the lady calls for her kitty and the raccoon wabbles in to sleep with her: "Come here kitty kitty" Love it LOL

Our Pinteresting Family said...

I keep seeing that storage bin and the other animals they offer thinking I should buy some of them. I love that little purse. :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I've never seen such cute raccoons! I've always had a fondness for them because growing up, my neighbor would rescue raise them so I got to help out. The babies were quite ornery and cute! I wouldn't want one as a pet but their little masked faces melt my heart!

Dana Frieling said...

I agree...you'd rock that shirt! And, the art is screaming to hang on your wall. Maybe someone will read and get a Valentine's hint! ;)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Who knew raccoons could be so cute!

Twice Nice said...

Raccoons, Hedgehogs, a Fox or two...bring em on!

Keya Davis said...

Yup, I'm lovin your choices. that picture is a must!

pam {simple details} said...

We have two big raccoons that show up on our deck every once in awhile in the summer! I think Mr. Simple is afraid of them, they just stare him down! :)

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

I want to rock that tee too. Super cute! xo Kristin

Gretchen said...

Raccoons ARE pretty cute. You're winning me over here....squirrels might have to move over in my heart just a little to make room for raccoons :)

Brynne Delerson said...

Aw, yes, raccoons are adorable! I've always related to magpies too - they also pick up shiny things to decorate their nest :)

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

Ummmmmm, me?! I loooooove shiny things!! Those raccoons are all so cute!

Amber Wills said...

We have a cute stuffed Raccoon for Beckett's nursery. Once I dig it out of storage, I'll instagram it for you!

Allison said...

That would be a cute hamper for Emmy! You could add some handles on that fun raccoon storage bin?

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

I think I've cleaned up one too many scavenged trash can mess in our old garage to think raccoons are cutie pies. Though knowing they're part of the panda family helps their case...

17 Perth said...

So fun!! Love these picks...and you need that sweatshirt. I have a good friend who absolutely LOVES raccoons too! You may have just helped me pick out her birthday present! That pillow is just so fun!

Anna [DirectionsNotIncluded] said...

I love raccoons! As long as they are not taunting my dogs from the fence in our yard. But these won't do that. So cute.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I'm a girl so of course I love shiny things!!! I love all things animal related too, these are all so cute!! I love what might have been the toy bin!

Tiffany said...

I know they can be pretty fierce, but they are soooo cute. In my perfect world I would give so many animals a big squeeze.

House Envy said...

i love all the animal motifs going on in home decor!

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

I love shiny objects. I could totally see myself in that shirt also. We have live racoons in our backyard sometimes. They are cute and scary all at the same time :) Love the art, pillow and bin :)

Bethany DeVore said...

I love using animals in home decor, great finds! I'm also drawn to shiny objects!

Monika Jones said...

I would love to wear that blouse for sure! And the raccoon purse is totally gorgeous!

Spring cleaning London

Ali Richardson said...

Cute little critters for sure :)

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

I love the bottom raccoon bag - that's a great one